Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Brother's Left the Country

My brother Andy just left for Trujillo, Peru for a week. I don't know all the details, but this is an exploratory trip to meet some of the folks at the Peru Mission. Good friends of our family, Charlie and Ray Gibson are down there now for several months before Charlie heads up to Covenant Seminary for a year or two. His plan is to end up back in Peru.

Andy is spending his Spring Break serving down in Peru this week, and the thought is to perhaps go back for a longer stint if things look promising for him.

From what I've read and heard, the Peru Mission seems like an excellent approach to missions. The wholistic approach to evangelism and parish ministry is something more "home" missionaries would do well to adopt.

At any rate, keep my brother in your prayers as he travels and attempts to use his freshly aquired knowledge of Spanish.

No comments: