Sunday, January 19, 2003

As I'm a beginner to all of this blogging stuff, I'm slow on the up-take. But I figure I might as well jump on in. I don't have a comments program yet, I've got the guys down at the office working on that. Be patient. You can blow up in a few days.

I'm a teacher at Atlas School, as the bio says. At the core of our curriculum is Liturgy and Bible. I just finished teaching through the book of Joshua last week and it struck me just how incompetent and slow the Israelites are. The story that really got me was the episode with Rahab and the spies at the very beginning. The spies are supposed to be "spying secretly" and yet it is only a matter of hours before the entire city knows all the way up to the king. Not only do they know where the spies are from and that they are spying, but apparently it's well known where the men are staying. sheesh. The harlot is the only one with any smarts. Israel sent their best, and their best was a couple of bumbling covenant fools.

No comments: