Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I have a confession to make, and in good male fashion, I intend to shift the blame. The warmer it gets the faster I drive. Serious. I'm not that wild of a driver. I am legitimately embarrassed when I get pulled over... uh... not that it's been very often.. er. But the fact is I love wind in my face. I love its force, its drive, and its smell. It's a thousand memos pouring into my senses. I love playing roller coaster with my hand out the window. I love listening to loud music and barely being able to hear it over the noise of open windows. I love the sun in my face going over the passes as I drive into town in the morning. It's like putting your hands over your eyes for just a moment and wondering what might happen. I love the hills and the turns. I love passing people too. Not because I'm on some kind of impatient power trip. I just like driving fast. I wasn't like this a month ago, honest. It's the sun and day light savings and all the green in my lawn. Spring made me do it.

No comments: