Thursday, April 03, 2003

Potty Lessons

So yesterday I went over to get a movie (for my wife who's sick) from Lucy Jones. She lives on the other side of the Jones from us. She was just getting home and was letting her puppy (Magnus, a Mastif) out to take care of his 'business'. As it turns out, young Louis Schuler was also hanging around hoping to get a little 'Magnus time' in as well. As I stepped up on to the patio, I was greeted by an overly excited Magnus, whose excitement could hardly be contained. And in fact, was not contained. Magnus began taking care of business all around my leg. Thankfully, he had poor aim and missed me, but Lucy did give some instructions to Magnus about where the proper 'potty place' was. Anyway, as I was escaping into the house on my video expedition, I overheard young Schuler investigating the whole ordeal. He asked with the earnestness of any six year old boy, "Well, what kind of pee was it?" Lucy not knowing what he meant (I assume) neglected to answer. But young Schuler, intent on knowing the truth, persisted, "What kind of pee was it?" On the third refrain, Lucy finally looked down at young Schuler with not a little exasperation in her voice, "The URINE kind, Louis." I'm not sure how satisfied young Schuler was with the response, but I was completely content to leave it there and I continued into the house.

No comments: