Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Book Feast

Just went shopping this week at Amazon.com and I've received the first piece in the mail this afternoon. Irony in Mark's Gospel by Jerry Camery-Hogatt from Cambridge Press is the first peach in my pie. From Christ to Pre-Reformation: The Rise and Growth of the Church in its Cultural, Intellectual and Political Context by Everett Ferguson and Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity by Mark Noll are on their way for my Early and Medieval Church History class with Dr. Fairbairn. The Oxford Bible Atlas edited by John May, Old Testament Survey: The Message, Form, and Background of the Old Testament by William Sanford LA Sor, et al are for my Old Testament I class which according to the online syllabus should cover from Creation to the beginning of the Divided Kingdom. I also picked up the New International Commentary on the New Testament's commentary on 1 Peter by Peter Davids. It looks like 1 Peter will be the NT book we'll be studying first in my advanced Greek directed study. The Gospel of Mark as a Model for Action: A Reader-Response Commentary by John P. Heil and Isaiah in the Gospel of Mark I-VIII by Richard Schneck are soon to be shipped according to the order status thingy.

Anyway, looking forward to digging in.

No comments: